Friday, July 30, 2010

# 101

So this is my post # 101....guess the apple pie making took the whopping #100 place and I didn't even realize it.

But that's ok, because I want to dedicate this one to "Submission 101"

I know, you're probably thinking, "Geeze, here we go again on crazy wives having to submit to their husbands!" And YES that's right, but I just wanted to share what was revealed to me this morning in 1 verse that I've read many many times before!!

1 Peter 3:1
" Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives" (the sentence continues in v 2)

The phrase "In the same way" is what jumped out at me this morning. I've always referred back to Ch 2 verse 18 for that where it talks about slaves submitting to your masters.

That may be what Peter was talking about, however God revealed it in a totally new way!

Yesterday, I studied and meditated a little bit on the previous paragraph. (2L23-25)

1 Peter 2:23 says
"When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he make no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly."

And this is what I thought maybe Peter could be talking about that "in the same way" we as a wife should submit to our husbands.
Aren't we always supposed to be like Jesus anyways as his child, so why not mimic his behaviors in our marriage as well!?!?

When we feel like making threats to our husbands- DON'T.....leave it up to God!
When we feel like retaliating or griping at their behaviors- DON'T....leave it up to God!

Just some thoughts- you read it and see for yourself what you think. The main thing here is that as wives we should always always always RESPECT, ENCOURAGE, and SUBMIT to the man God placed in our lives! Even when we don't feel like it!

Oh goodness, may I be a doer of His Word and not just a hearer!

No comments: