Tuesday, March 24, 2009

relief

I didn't go on any extravagant trip during spring break last week, but I did have a wonderful time at home, spending time with my parents and getting A LOT of wedding plans done! It's so crazy to me that there is only 74 days till our wedding! That's just over 10 weeks! Whoah! Invitations are now ordered, all the artificial flowers are bought for decorating....pretty much everything is done!!! I'm just waiting on showers, teas, parties, and JUNE 6th!!!!
I can't describe to you the relief I have! Before last week, I couldn't hardly sleep from thinking about everything I needed to get done! And it's finally done! I couldn't have done it without my mom....she's the greatest and I'm so happy she's helping me with everything! She's not one of those that has to have everything her way, and is the boss of everything! Nope, she just lets me make the decisions, but is right there to support me and help me figure it all out! I love her to death!
My dad is actually in wedding-plan mode too! He made some suggestions about the music for my ceremony, and Michael and I are still working on that! We're trying to talk my brother into playing his guitar and singing "When I say I Do" by Matthew West. (you should listen to that song on his myspace page...it's beautiful!) ....but I just don't think Alan will do it. If you see him, tell him he needs to! I know he would do great!

I have right at 5 weeks left of my internship, which blows my mind. I've applied for a lot of jobs with the state personnel department, and I'm open to pretty much anything in the state of Alabama....if you hear of ANY kind of Social Worker job let me know!! I'm on a serious job hunt!

On the spiritual side of things....God is teaching me daily. I'm convicted that I don't spend nearly as much time with Him as I should, and that's definitely a learning process. Still striving to please him in all I do....can't do it alone, so that's why I'm thankful the Holy Spirit is right there living inside me!!

1 comment:

Crystal Odom said...

I'm so glad that you are at that point where you can just sit back and relax and wait..although...the waiting is the hardest part! Josh and I will be married for 2 years in a couple of weeks and we were just thinking back last night at how exciting this time was for us before the wedding. My advice is to take lots of pictures of the getting ready process. DO NOT have this wedding without someone videoing and make sure that you are stopping to enjoy the realization that this is the only time that you will ever get to be the bride and it's YOUR day...so do everything just like you have always wanted to! I'm so happy for you! I promise...It just keeps getting better! :)