Thursday, April 23, 2009

Where did you come from??

So I'm really not suppossed to be on here, not because I'm at work or anything, but just because I said I would take a break from blogger and facebook for the rest of this week. However, I have such an urgency to share with you guys what the Lord is teaching me! It's been so long since I have felt this close to the Lord. I'm not sure what exactly brought me to this point, could be a mixture of things going on in my life, and I realize now more than ever that I CANNOT get through one single day without first spending time with Him in prayer and in His Word!! So, this week I have done lots of praying, mostly about my job hunt, but also just about God teaching me and growing me....I have such a desire to grow right now! I'm so tired of just getting through each day, and not even realizing all the opportunities He gave me to share His love.
Yesterday morning as I was praying and preparing to study the book of Esther once again, I was just reminded of where I came from. God quickly reminded me that I am not different from any prostitue, murderer, adulturer, lier, cheater, hater, theft, slanderer, or the most horribly person you could ever think of. I was reminded that Jesus Christ dying on the cross was not just for me, but for every single person.....EVERYONE.....EVERY murderer....EVERY prostitue....EVER drunk...EVERY drug addict.......yet the only difference between me and those people is the single fact that Jesus' blood covers up all the things I have done wrong in life.
I am in tears as I write this, because I know there are so many out there who just don't think they deserve the love of Christ, or they may think that they have to get their life straightened out before they can accept His love. My friend, let me assure you.....we were NOTHING before He saved us. Listen to these words from 1 Corinthians 1

26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him. 30It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."
Nobody on earth can say that they were something before Christ...and yet even now, we can't even boast in ourselves because we are still nothing without him....we all came from the same place, and that is sin!!
He called us all "out of darkness into his wonderful light" (1 Peter 2:9)
1 John 1:9 says "IF we confess our sins, He is FAITHFUL and just and WILL FORGIVE us our sins and PURIFY us from ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS!"
What joy this verse brings to my heart. It does not talk of a God who reigns and just thinks about forgivig you, oh no!! This gives us assurance that he is faithful, he WILL forgive, but not only forgive....He goes beyond that and He purifies us! Do not EVER let satan tell you lies that you are not good enough for our God. He loves you and gave his life for you.
Christian, do not ever forget where you came from....we are no better than this world, no different except from the fact that we are saved from sin. We should be living as sons and daughters of a mighty King, yet we go back to our old lives so often! (Ephesians 4:22-24)

Be encouraged, live for the ONE and only.....

No comments: