Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Proverbs 3:5-6

Well, it's Tuesday, which means I only have ONE more day of my internship left, and I'm officially finished with my requirements of getting my Bachelor of Arts in Social Work!!! (It's been a great journey!) Everybody from work is taking me to Olive Garden for lunch, so I think tomorrow will be a fun day! This past Sunday was my bridal tea at church, and let me just tell you that Michael and I are blessed beyond measure when it comes to having friends and family that love us!! We now have his spare bedroom (which I had hoped would be a guest bedroom) filled with all the stuff we got from the tea....and I have nowhere else to put it!! We're going to go through it all little by little and use everything, and take back whatever we need to take back (like maybe 1 or 2 of the FOUR crock pots we got!) It's extremely exciting....I can't wait to get everything out and have his town house turn into OUR HOME! =)
We finished our last session of our premarital counseling tonight. Brother Hal did a great job of encouraging us, and telling us all the important things we need to know about getting married! Over the past 4 weeks of doing the counseling, I have fallen in love with Michael more and more, and realized ways to show him that love! (that's just a side note.) We talked with him tonight about how we want to join Calera Baptist, and I'm really excited about doing that when the time comes. Until the wedding is over, I honestly don't know what my life holds or how often I'll even be able to go to that church. But we both know that is where the Lord has lead us, and we are so ready to get involved and serve HIM there!


One of the things I've been learning and struggling with in life has been trust. It's pretty scary to me to not know what my life holds as far as work or wedding plans or where I'll live and everything over the next few weeks. Yesterday morning, I was talking to my mom while I was getting ready for work and she could just tell I was exhausted and upset. I told her I was stressed to the max, but I didn't want to be. As soon as I hung up the phone with her, I opened my Bible to Proverbs 3: 5-6. I have read these verses a thousand times and even have them memorized... "TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING; IN ALL YOUR WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, AND HE WILL MAKE YOUR PATHS STRAIGHT." But yesterday, I read those words on the page as if it were God Almighty himself speaking them to me (isn't that how we should always be with GOD'S WORD?)
I realized that I have to trust! And when I go through life worrying and stressing over things, that is because I am leaning on my own understanding......and that's usually not very much! When I give up and say "God, no I don't understand You're ways, but I trust you" He then takes control and "makes your paths straight.".......what a promise.
So I've been grasping those words this week. You may not think that the things I'm going through in life are no big deal, and that's fine with me. I'm sure we all could think of things in our lives that are HUGE to ourselves, but not to anybody else.....that's ok too....it's life! I've trusted God with my job hunt (as i've said a thousand times before) and with wedding plans (they could make me go crazy if i'm not careful) and even with finances and just everyday small things! It's amazing how He gives peace. He promises us so many things in His word....but do we listen? Do we accept the things he offers??

TRUST in the Lord.....
lean NOT on your own understanding.....
ACKNOWLEDGE HIM.....
He WILL make your paths STRAIGHT!!!!!

No comments: