Monday, October 10, 2011

Baby shower

So Oct 2nd was the BIG shower for little bit. It was back home, so I had figured this was where he would get the most gifts....and boy was I right!!

Mom & I arrived about an hour before it began to help make sure everything was in place and to bring a few of the things for the shower as well. Just before 2, people started coming in. I was entirely overwhelmed by all the ladies that came! I think the final count was somewhere between 35 and 40.  I just wanted to record a few details of how amazing my wonderful hostess made the shower.



At the sign-in table, the had blank envelopes for everyone to self-adddress their thank-you envelope! I know this is going to be a huge help for me when I get the chance to write my thank-you cards and send them out! They also had this beautiful diaper cake there, which I LOVE!!!


The food table was of course covered with tons of yummy stuff that I didn't get to each much of, but the cake was the showpiece. Diane always does a fantastic job at being so creative with her cakes! She is a good friend of the family who always does cakes for any event we have- not to mention my wonderful wedding cakes as well!




So once everybody started arriving, the eating began and I tried to at least say hello to people as they ate or came in the door. After several minutes of this, Tina stood up to make an announcement that they were going to do something special for me while everybody finished eating. I had NO CLUE was was happening.
She explained that she along with my family members and the other hostess ladies wanted to say some prayers for me while I sat in my glider that my mother-in-law gave me.
So the tears began! I sat there while all of these amazing Godly women in my life prayed for me, Thehubs and our precious baby boy. Prayers for his safe delivery, our strength in the first weeks of his life, his salvation, his future spouse, us to be Godly parents, his grandparents and the role they will have, and so many more.

Throughout the prayer, all I could think about was Savannah. Quick background story:

I spent the summer of 2007 in Savannah, GA. While there, the ladies from the church I semi-worked with had a baby shower for a lady in the church. During the shower, they played games, ate and opened gifts as most showers have. But they did something I had never in my life seen done before. They all gathered around the mother-to-be and laid hands on her and prayed for her and the baby. I had told my mom and aunt after that time that I wanted that to be done for me when I was pregnant. That was over 4 years ago....so I had pretty much forgotten about it. But my aunt did not- her and her precious memory and sweet spirit! =) So she suggested that it be done, and it was! I will never forget that moment!!

So after the sobbing and prayers were finished, it was gift opening time!!!! I forgot to take pics of the gifts all out on the table, but here are a few of the clothes and stuff put up in his closet, and some of the gifts in his bed.






Oh and last but not least is the BEAUTIFUL door wreath that Diane made for the hospital door. I can't wait to actually use it! :) Just a few weeks to go!

3 comments:

Doe said...

I LOVE that they prayed for you! That is amazing and something I've never seen done either! If you come to my baby shower, I want that done, too! :)

Cherry Berry said...

Looks like you had a great shower! Wish I could have been there. Little Evan is all set! Can't wait for him to get here!!

The Howards said...

So glad you had such a great shower!! Looks like you got some good stuff for the little man. Fulton has that same froggy sleeper in newborn.. it's starting to get a little snug.. so sad. Hope you are doing well!!