Sunday, May 22, 2011

14 week update!

Ok, so I'll go ahead and admit that I stole this from my cousin's wife. I've been wanting to update about my pregnancy progress, but haven't been sure of the details everybody wants....and just really haven't taken the time to do so. :)

So here goes. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep this up each week.


How far along: 14 weeks and 3 days to be exact.

Size of baby: I believe we're at a fist size right now

Total weight gain: Not so sure. At last months checkup, I had actually lost a few pounds. I'm thinking (and my clothes confirm) that I've put on a few pounds this month. We'll find out Tuesday.

Maternity clothes: I have broken out a few things. Thankfully, a lady from church gave me 3 huge totes of maternity clothes. Otherwise, I'd just be wearing dresses and skirts all the time-which is what I often do anyways. On a sad note, she was apparently MUCH THINNER than me....and the maternity clothes are sizes XS and 2 and 3. I never even knew those sizes existed! But as of now, they fit with my little baby bump, but I have a feeling I'll be having to buy things of my own within the next few months.

Gender: Not sure. I want a boy-Thehubs wants a girl. But of course, it really doesn't matter. We will find out the gender on/around June 21st!

Movement: None yet....although my What to Expect book says that there's movement going on, but I just might not be recognizing it as a 1st time mom. We'll see...

Sleep: Yes please!!! I take naps often, and get at least 8-10 hours per night! Sometimes more!!!

What I miss: Feeling good!! It's been driving me crazy that I'm still so drained and nauseous. Now, it has improved greatly over the past few weeks, but I'm still just wiped out all the time.

Cravings: Sour candy. That's been about the only "weird" thing I've noticed so far.

Symptoms: The 1st symptom I had was breast tenderness!!! I actually experienced that for about a week or 2 before we found out we were pregnant! And it has certainly not gotten any better! Nausea, vomiting (ever. single. time. I brush my teeth!), fatigue.....and crying at the drop of a hat!

Food aversions: I really haven't been a fan of peanut butter....and I absolutely hate the smell of chicken cooking-therefore I really haven't ate any unless it's at a restaurant. Also, chewing gum...which used to be a favorite of mine! And of course toothpaste....although that's really not a "food"

Milestones: Well, I guess making it out of the 1st trimester would be good! Now if I could just brush my teeth w/out losing my breakfast!!

No comments: