Monday, January 31, 2011

Donkey

I just have to share a verse that I've read several times this week. I almost laugh every time I read it...and I've found myself talking to God about it a lot as well.

2 Peter 2:16
"But he was rebuked by his wrongdoing by a donkey-- a beast without speech-- who spoke with a man's voice and restrained the prophet's madness."

I encourage you to go and read the whole chapter, but I feel like this verse along speaks for itself.

GOD USED A DONKEY!!!! Hahahaha

And yet I make up excuses about how He can't use me....
On the flip side, I also make excuses about how I must talk to someone and try to convict them for their sins....playing God...

But my prayer this week has been "Father, if you can use a DONKEY, and speak your Truth through something that can't even talk, then I trust that you can use anything..."

So when you begin doubting God about ANYTHING, be reminded that he used a DONKEY! He spoke (verbally) through a flippin' donkey!

He is in control!

No comments: