Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas survey

So I stole this survey from my friend, Doerun....enjoy and Merry Christmas!!


1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? HOT CHOCOLATE any day!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? My Santa never wrapped presents....that's the fun in coming down stairs Christmas morning, and having that surprised look at all the gifts!

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white? Well, I love white lights of all sorts.....but our tree is pre-lit w/ colored lights. I hated it at first, but it's grown on me and it's actually very pretty!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Actually the 1st time I saw mistletoe hung was at my mother-in-law's house several years ago. I told Thehubs I want some for our house.....doubt we'll actually do it.

5. When do you put your decorations up? the weekend after thanksgiving...

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? gosh, that's a hard one. I guess all the casseroles, and unending supply of desserts!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My pawpaw stayed the night with us every single Christmas Eve. That was always so much fun, because we (he, my brother and I) would all sleep in the same full sized bed. Looking back, I think that was mom and dad's way of making sure we didn't catch Santa putting out our toys.....

The most traumatizing memory I have is me going downstairs to get something (probably my brother a drink, since I was always his slave. lol) and finding my daddy eating Santa's cookies, and drinking his milk.......scared me for life! lol

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? See story above....

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yes.....I remember the year Alan and I convinced mom and dad to let us open just 1 gift Christmas eve night. When we got older (throughout college) we opened all the gifts christmas eve night.
Now we have resorted back to the traditional Christmas morning....

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Ours right now is decorated with mostly Thehub's ornaments.....gold and red with other splashes of color.
My DREAM Christmas tree is white, with black music/ piano ornaments....

11. Snow? Love it or dread it? Love it!

12. Can you ice skate? I've been once...I was pretty good.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Of course.....a HUGE talking doll house. That thing rocked!

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Celebrating the birth of Christ with family!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? anything mom makes

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? it used to be my pawpaw spending the night....but since he passed away, I guess it's baking stuff w/my mom.

17. What tops your tree? never anything particular. For Thehubs and I, we have a star. it's pretty.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? neither really.....I don't think Christmas should be about all of that. I don't mind giving, but it's hard when your resources are low. As far as receiving, I guess I don't mind that either....lol

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I have lots of them.

20. Candy Canes? Yuck or Yum? LOVE THEM!

21. Favorite Christmas show? Show? Rudolph the REdnose Reindeer!

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Not real sure.....


Hope you enjoyed my survey, you should do one too!!!

No comments: