Sunday, December 5, 2010

1 Peter 3

I have such a compelling to continue sharing what God is teaching me. Maybe this blog is taking a turn into more of a time for me to do that.

Over this weekend, I have learned so much. I feel like I just need to take the next week to dwell on all that God is showing me.

One of the main things He's showing me is of the need to stop living like the world, and believing the customs and things in life it tells us we should do.

This morning, submission was once again brought to mind. This world tells us we (as women) are the ones to run the household. We should tell our husbands when to breath, move, speak, and how they should do so.

But, that is so contrary to what the Word tells us. Let's begin choosing to live exactly as HE wants us to, and forget about what is "normal" on this earth. After all, we are aliens, aren't we!?!
I'm simply going to write what 1 Peter 3:1-6 says, and let God do the speaking to your heart...if you'll let him.

Wives, in the same way, be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do no give way to fear.

No comments: