Sunday, October 10, 2010

TRUST

Throughout this weekend, every devotion I have, no matter what the passage, it seems like God is telling me to trust.

The book of Daniel..... read it!

Daniel made a decision not to defile himself by eating what he was told to eat. He continued worshiping God despite being told the consequences he would face. The lion's den. DEATH!

Shadrach, Meshach and Abendego (not sure if those are spelled right) even were thrown into a burning pit full of fire because of their service and devotion to God.

Both are stories from the book of Daniel. I read part of it earlier this weekend, and was in awe of these people's complete dedication to God.

But what do we do when told:

"You can't openly talk about religion or pray at work...its unethical.....you will be terminated if you do so"

We shut our mouths. We fear for our jobs more than we fear our God.

When I say "we" I'm really meaning "I/me" because this is what God has eaten me up about lately.

But God saved Daniel from the lions....not a scratch was on him!
God saved Shadrach, Meshach and Abendego from the fire......perfectly unharmed!

And God can and will save you from things today as well.


My mind is going in a thousand different directions right now as I think about the many ways I lack complete trust in God.
My prayer is that I will place all my trust in Him and be devoted and a servant to him just as Daniel and others have been throughout the Bible.

Did they fall? Yes, they were human.

So why do we believe this world when we are told that Christians can't fall....or that you're a hypocrite if you ever sin.

That's not the truth! Get back up, get in the word and He is right there waiting!!

Every. Single. Time!

No comments: