Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lies Women Believe

"Lies Women Believe...and the Truth that sets them free"

That book is AMAZING!

I read it while in college, and have recently picked it up again. Let me just tell you that it is transforming so many areas of my life!!

It includes lies about:
-God
-Yourself
-Sin
-Marriage
-Children
-Emotions
-Circumstances

And provides TONS or scripture to counteract that lie with the Truth of God's Word.

I want to really encouraged you to get the book and read it.....especially if you are married! The chapter on marriage really changed my viewpoints on a lot of things!
Below is a quote from the chapter on circumstances......enjoy!

All of use have seasons when we feel we just can't keep going; we just can't take any more. As with every other are of decption, the key to defeating this lie is to counter it with the Truth. Regardless of what our emotions or our cicumstances may tell us, God's Word says, "My grace is sufficient for you" (2 Cor 12:9). Most of us are familiar with that verse. But, when it comes to the circumstances and trials of our lives, few of us really believe it. What we really believe is, "I can't go on....

*I can't take one more sleepless night with this sick child;
*I can't continue in this marriage;
* I can't bear to be hurt one more time by my mother-in-law;
* I can't keep making it with 3 teenagers and a mother with Alzheimer's living in our home..."

However, whether I choose to believe it or not, if I am His child, the Truth is that "His grace is sufficient for me." (This is assuming, of course, that I haven't taken on myself responsibilities He never intended me to carry. If the burden is God-given, I can go on my His grace.) His grace is sufficient for every moment, every circumstance, every detail, every need, and every failure of my life.

No comments: