Friday, February 26, 2010

long time, no write

It's been a few weeks since I've updated anything on here. I think mainly it's because I never have time to just sit down and think. I know many of you have been eagerly waiting for an update about my flylady experience. ha ha ha..
Well, it's going okay, but I have definitely not been doing all the babysteps that she recommends. I think a lot of her stuff is targeted for stay-at-home-moms. She encourages you to have a set morning routine and bedtime routine. I have my morning routine down on most days.

Get up.
Fix thehubs lunch, get him off to work.
Check email/Facebook/Blogger, etc
Do my Biggest Loser workout video
Spend some time in The Word and in prayer
Get ready for work....go to work

This usually takes me a few hours to do all of this, and I usually get to the office between 10 and 11, which is perfectly fine because I don't get home until 7 or 8 at night. The bedtime routine for me is a different story. I'm so worn out by that time that I usually am falling asleep on the couch and end up dragging myself upstairs to just take out my contacts and hop in the bed.
I'll get it all figured out one day. But my main goal with everything is to mainly keep an orderly house, and to begin taking steps towards de-cluttering things. =)

Now on to what else has been happing in our lives.

This past weekend was my dad's 50th birthday party. I must say, it was the most fun I've had in a long time! Mom bought a karaoke machine, so that was the focus of the party. Both sides of my entire family were there, and we had an absolute blast!
It made me get really excited about the Gatlinburg trip that my mom's family is taking in June. It will be my grandparents, aunt and uncles, cousins, their wives, mom, dad, my brother, and then thehubs and me. We are all very close, but rarely get to see each other much since we're all grown up and married....well all except my brother. Who knows about him and his gf. We guess they'll eventually get married, but I've quit asking questions. lol

I want to close this post by asking you guys to remember the Isbel family from our church in your prayers.
Last week the wife/mother was killed in a car accident. Their 4 month old son was in the car with her, and he is fine, but has suffered from a cracked skull and now they are saying that he is blind. The last update I received said that he can respond to light, but that is all.
So this leaves us with the father. He is left to take care of this precious baby boy and all the other things that go with maintaining a home. It has seriously just broken my heart. I don't even know that I have ever met them and introduced myself to them, but I know who they are. Precious, precious people. The wife/mother is from Honduras I believe, and so they have struggled until yesterday with getting her parents approved for Visas to come in for the funeral (which is today). Praise God that they were finally approved and should be here for the funeral.

Just please be praying for that baby boy and his sight....and the father, as his whole world has been turned upside-down.
But praise be to God that they are a Christian family and serve THE God who gives and takes away. Who provides peace beyond understanding....and who has a plan in ALL things for the good of those who love Him.
Thanks guys, I know the family appreciates it!

No comments: