Monday, June 22, 2009

just a thought

I've learned today that no matter what life is throwing your way, there is always someone out there going through something worse. You may be asking yourself what it is that I am going through...well that's the thing, I am blessed beyond measure, and I absoulutely could not be happier in life right now! I look at where I am right now, and I realize how much I really take things for granted. I know of 2 men who left yesterday and today to go to Iraq and Baghdad. One I know personally from years ago (Josh Converse) and the other is my preacher's son. Both left their families and each had a wife they left behind as well.
I mention that because I have been thinking/praying for both of those guys today and thinking about their wives. I am so thankful that my husband is here with me. I don't know if I could survive an entire year without him period, much less with the worries of him fighting a war. I am so thankful that there are people in America who are willing to do that, and yet so humbled by the fact that they go. They leave their comfort and their families so I can stay here in comfort with mine. wow....
Another thing I've been thinking about is all the sickness and pain people go through. I am thankful and blessed that I have not experienced any hardships on that end of the spectrum. I've known several people within the last year or so be diagnosed and even a few lose their lives to cancer and other terminal diseases. One of my dearest friends from my early high school days was recently diagnosed with Lyphoma. She told me that the cancer treatment place is depressing because everybody there talks about all the things wrong with them and their type of cancer. She then said that this one lady she was talking to has a type that comes back about every 6 months, no matter what kind of treatment they give her. My friend then responded with one of my favorite things I've heard.....she said that she just feels like she's gonna have the flu for about 6 months and then she's gonna be over it! That right there is determination and what the power of our God can do!
I'm pretty sure that I'm sounding like I'm rambling now, but I guess the point that I am trying to make is to be thankful. Pray for, support, think about those who are going through worse things than you are. Know that our God is Mighty to Save. He gives strength to the weary, and supplies all your needs. I'm thankful for my husband who loves me and adores me more than anything else on this earth. I'm thankful he tells me that, and shows me that in so many different ways! I'm thankful for parents who support me and who have been there for me nonstop throughout my 22 years of life! I'm thankful for a God who is always right beside me, showing me my next step, even when I can't see.....

Sorry about the randomness, just had to get if off my chest..........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your randomness! Your posts are so inspirational! Glad things are going well with you and hubby!! Isn't it nice to have a Godly husband who loves you! We are so blessed!! Love ya girl!