Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sacred Echos

I posted THIS blog as well as THIS blog a few weeks ago, as I had gotten a package in the mail from "The Voice of the Martyrs".

I thought it was odd that I received the package as I had really never heard of the organization....I just assumed that it was one of those things that was sent out to people in our area or something.

The book "Tortured for Christ" was in it....I read the book, and was extremely touched and learned so much about true genuine love.

Last week (1/31/11) I watched "19 Kids & Counting" which I really NEVER watch. This particular episode just happened to be called "Donating Duggars" and they went to Oklahoma to work with The voice of the Martyrs organization to help make parachutes to be used to provide bibles and other supplies for persecuted Cambodians.

Today (2/8/11) I received ANOTHER package from this organization.....

What was it?? Well let me just tell you....

Included was a small magazine with various stories and articles. A poster was also included, which stated the following.

Flying only a few hundred feet off the ground, Russell opens the window of his Cessna aircraft and carefully drops a parachute over a guerrilla camp. In a bag suspended from the parachute are a Bible and other Christian materials, sometimes including a shortwave radio pre-tuned to two Christian stations that broadcast the Word of God.
"I've been shot at a few times," Russell says, "and one of my aircraft had multiple bullet holes in it."
The danger is real, but Russell (a co-worker with The Voice of Martyrs) and his team are committed to delivering the Word of God where there is no conventional means of delivery. Being on the ground would be even more dangerous.
"I have seen many guerrillas turn from their violent ways after reading the Bible and listening to our radio broadcasts," Russell explains, "If we want peace in Colombia, we have to point people, even terrorists, to the true source of peace and forgiveness."
Now you can join The Voice of Martyrs in providing more parachutes for Russell and his team. When you order these ready-to-assemble Colombia Parachute Packs, you will receive everything you need (cloth, ribbon, glue, plastic bags for Bibles, and instructions) to assemble parachutes to be dropped over dangerous areas of Columbia. All you need is a pair of scissors and a willing heart!


It goes on to explain how to order them....


Ok, God, what's going on here?? Are you whispering SACRED ECHOS into my heart....into OUR hearts? The women's retreat I went on last weekend was about how he whispers echos in our lives, and we were encouraged to look for echos.

I just shared this with Thehubs, and he shared with me that he has been praying for ways to serve....I think God is answering prayers....while echoing His plans in our lives. :)

Isn't he Amazing!?!?!?!

No comments: