Monday, January 11, 2010

reflections

Well it's been a while since my last blog of course, so sorry for all you who eagerly wait each day for an update from me! Lol
I have had several thoughts of different posts I have wanted to make over the past several weeks, but I just haven't made time to actually write. I did sit down and journal the following the other day. Just thoughts on 2009, and more thoughts on what I want to be/do in 2010. Hope you enjoy...


Another year has past, and I'm amazed at how quickly they each seem to come and go. A LOT has changed in my life over the past year, and I'm so excited to see what lies ahead in 2010. I want to take this time to reflect on what has happened and what God has taught me over the past year.
Let me start off by saying that 2009 was probably some of my lowest points in my Spiritual Walk with the Lord. Michael and I visited Calera Baptist Church (which we love)- but we both found it very difficult to just dive in and get involved. (We're still struggling with this.) I truely believe that this lack of involvement with other believers is one of the reasons I found it very difficult to grow spiritually. Therefore, God taught me the importance in church and having fellow believers to turn tin and to lean on.
Moving on to another event. My cousin, Sean McCune, was killed while fighting for our freedom in Iraq on January 11, 2009. (a year ago today...hmm...) Well, withouth going into much details, it was a freak accident......nothing in combat.....no heroic action, but a freak accident of gun fire. But none the less, he was there sacrificing his life for us. His death changed my entire family. I am more thankful for those serving our country now ...the sacrifices they make and the freedom I have because of it.
Of course 2009 will always be known for the year Michael and I got married! From May 9th until June 6th my life was a whirlwind. May 9th was the day I graduated from Montevallo with my Bachelors degree in Social Work. The job hunt began a few months before that, and I was blessed with my 1st "big girl" job on May 18th. Once we got married, I then realized that my life would never be the same and that I had a lot of learning to do about what exactly it meant to be a wife. And I learn everyday. It definitely took a few months for me to fully adjust to all the changes that occured, but i am still certain that I wouldn't change a single thing about anything!

Another one of the things that took place in 2009 that has helped me to grow in more ways that one has been my change in friends. This actually goes back into 2008, when some of my friends began distancing themselfes from me and participating in things that I did not wish to become invovled in. Parties, drinking, and clubbing began with them in 2008 and therefore the distancing between them and me began. Countless tears were cried during this year and a half because of this, but I have now come to the point where i realized God has better people to place in my life. They have done so many things (very immature things I might add) to me to get mad and I don't even know why. I have done nothing to them to deserve anyo fthe things they did- yet they did them anyways. 2010 will certainly be the 1st year that I can say that I'm finished with them....and that's good.
I'm very thankful that the Lord has brought other friends (and especially one) into my life. He brought us closer in 2009 as she was one that I leaned on so often. Let me also add here that my dear husband has been so wonderful through all of my emotional breakdowns- helping me overcome everything and being there for me when I needed it most. He may not understand completely the things I went through, but thats okay- all he did (and all he needed to do) was be a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen.
As far as learning to be a wife- it's definitely been an adventure. i'm nowhere near where I want to be. But I know that in 2010 I will learn so much more. That is my goal....to be the best wire ever....to grow closer to the Lord, and to take it all one day at a time!!

No comments: