Monday, July 15, 2013

Struggles

Ever have those days moments where you feel like you just can't get ahead?? And you wanna just throw a mini- pitty party but even that sounds no fun...and something would probably go wrong there too. Ha!

Welcome to my day today. Well, I don't really think it was the events that actually happened today as much as it was my attitude and struggle to overcome my hormonal mess. (Can I still blame moodiness on hormones 5+ months after giving birth?? I mean, I AM still nursing...)

I think the fact that I'm working everyday but Wednesday this week is part of it too. It takes me all week to get laundry caught up and the place clean from when I just work weekends, so today I really wanted to get things semi- done so it wouldn't be total chaos by the end of the week.

Wwweeelllll.... I think I forgot for a split second during that thought of "gonna get everything done today" that I have 2 kids under 2. And unlike a few weeks ago, they do NOT have the same nap schedule. MissPriss naps at 10ish and 2ish. And EJ naps at 12ish. Which means..... Yep, you guessed it... No more time alone during the day.

So I'm having to learn to get things done with EJ's "help". He really does a pretty good job at laundry and dishes. I'll have to get better at posting pics so y'all can see his big-boy help. He just can't figure out that the clean/dry clothes are ok to be OUT of the dryer instead if IN the dryer. Or that dirty dishes go in the dishwasher, not the cabinets. Haha!

So ok, back to today. It ended with me (finally) showering and getting groceries. Only after getting kids bathed and in the bed. My feet are exhausted, bottles aren't washed for tomorrow, and there are dirty dishes in the sink because the dishwasher didn't get unloaded today. Aannddd... No clothes are ironed/ ready for work tomorrow and no lunch is packed. 😫
And apparently I didn't get enough groceries because TheHubs has been looking in the kitchen for 10 minutes now asking what we have to eat. He finally decided on chips & salsa... But seriously, there's plenty of food. Men. Need I say more?

It's such a struggle to stay positive. To not let Satan have a foothold and win in the battle of attitude. Especially for me. But I'm so gracious for a God who forgives ... And a husband who continues to love even when I'm not lovable. The struggle is daily but I must press on. With His strength only will I finish the course set out before me. 

His mercies are new every morning. Praise God for that. 

No comments: